The grand jury also returned indictments against:
* Steven Sargent, 26, of 121 Plantation Drive, Danville, is charged with operating a motor vehicle with a DUI suspended license, third offense. According to the indictment, on March 15, Sargent allegedly operated a motor vehicle while under the influence of cocaine while knowing his privilege to drive had been suspended because of two prior DUI violations. The grand jury also charged Sargent with possession of drug paraphernalia, second offense, for allegedly possessing a spoon, syringe, and metal tube, which are items and objects used for the ingestion or inhalation of controlled substances and having been previously convicted of the same offense. Lancaster Police Officer Allen Weston was the grand jury witness.
* Joseph C. Wallace, 36, of 500 Beauford Place #7, Nicholasville, is charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs, possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance, second-degree, and three counts of possession of a controlled substance, first-degree. On July 3, Wallace is accused of driving while under the influence of drugs, possessing marijuana, Hydrocodone, Loratab, Oxycontin, and Percocet. Sergeant Scott King with Kentucky State Police was the grand jury witness.
* James Randal West, 30, of 107 West Buford Street, Lancaster, is charged with possession of a controlled substance, first-degree, trafficking in a controlled substance within 1000 yards of a school, and possession of drug paraphernalia. On July 21, West is accused of possessing cocaine and having less than eight ounces of marijuana with the intent to sell or transfer it within 1,000 yards of a school. Police also told grand jurors that West was found with bags, a pipe and a knife that were intended to be used in illegal controlled substance activity. Lancaster police office Allen Weston was the grand jury witness.
* Tiffany Lynn, no age or address available, on charges that she allegedly committed the offense of criminal possession of a forged instrument, second-degree. In July, Lynn allegedly possessed or uttered a forged proof of insurance card and presented it the Garrard District Court in order to avoid prosecution for another offense. Wanda Shelton with the Lancaster Police Department was the grand jury witness.
* Mark Shewmaker, no age or address available, on charges that he allegedly committed the offense of flagrant non-support on Sept. 17. Shewmaker is accused of persistently failing to pay court-ordered child support. The indictment states that he has not made payments for at least six consecutive months and that he has an arrearage in excess of $1000. A warrant has been issued for his arrest. Georgeanne Naylor was the witness to the grand jury.