How to print address book contacts
1. Open the Address Book by clicking on the Address Book button on the toolbar of Outlook Express or by using the Shift, Control, B key combination.
2. Choose File, then Print.
3. Under Print Range, select All.
4. Under Print Style, select Phone List.
5. Click OK.
If you want to edit the Address Book entries so that they appear on a single line, you should do the following:
1. Open Address Book as instructed above.
2. Control + A to highlight entries.
3. Control + C to copy the entries.
4. Now open your wordprocessing program (Notepad, Wordpad, Word or whichever you use.)
5. Control + V to paste the Address Book entries. Now you can edit the entries to appear the way you want.
* Windows XP users can prepare themselves to say good-bye to the built-in Windows Messenger service. Microsoft is planning to turn off the feature in its next update and Windows XP Service Pack 2 is expected to be out in the first half of 2004. Learn more at http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5098603.html.
The service has caused many security problems and the fear that a potentially serious attack could be implemented via the feature is still pending. AOL took matters into its own hands by automatically disabling the feature on the systems of their users. Read more at http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-5096882.html?tag=nl.
Live MSN chat events
Nov. 3: Country music artist Toby Keith chats at 8 p.m. Go to http://chat.msn.com/msnlive_feature.msnw?id=artist/tobykeith_november2003.
Sites to see
* Explore the planet Mars at www.exploremarsnow.org. The site features realistic Mars habitats, rockets, ground cars and robots. It's very hands-on and offers loads of information.
* ALFY at www.alfy.com is the largest Web portal for kids ages 3-9 years old. The site is loaded with interactive stories, games, crafts, activities and so much more. To enjoy the site to the fullest, PC users need at least a Pentium 133, 32MB RAM, and Windows 95 or higher. Mac users need at least a PowerPC/iMac, 16MB RAM and Mac OS 7.6.1 or higher. Both platforms also require at least a 28.8 modem connection, a sound card and a monitor display of 800x600 with 256 colors. For additional plugins, you need to have Macromedia Flash, Shockwave and Realplayer or Windows Media Player.
E-mail me at sheila@ amnews.com; fax me at (859) 236-9566; or write me snail-mail at The Advocate-Messenger, P.O. Box 149, Danville, KY 40423-0149.