Note: This software is not recommended for installation on systems running Windows 95.
For more details or to get a free copy of eTrust EZ Armor, point your browser to www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm? or www3.ca.com/Press/pressrelease.asp?CID=52733.
One of the latest computer viruses is posing as a message from PayPal, a leading online payment service. The virus is a variant of the Mimail virus that comes as an attachment. When opened, it requests credit card information, which it sends to the author. Please remember to keep in mind that major companies would never request sensitive information via e-mail.
Read more at http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-5107764.html?tag=st_pop and http://firstname.lastname@example.org.
* CNET Networks has acquired the assets of MP3.com, a popular music service. At noon Pacific Time Tuesday, the MP3.com Web site as you currently know it will no longer be accessible. All of the current artists and their Web pages and music will be lost.
CNET does, however, plan to eventually relaunch the MP3 site in a new form in the near future. To sign up for information about the new MP3 music service, go to http://mp3.cnet.com/index.html. Learn more about the change at http://news.com.com/2100-1027-5107696.html.
* Love.com is the new online personals service scheduled to launch in the near future via AOL's AIM service. Those interested should visit the Web site at www.love.com to sign up for the latest information on the service.
Note: You must be at least 18 years old to participate. Please remember always to be careful when considering online dating because online personas can be the complete opposite of who they actually are in person.
Quick tip: Another way to highlight text on a Web page
1. Click your left mouse button at the beginning of the text you wish to highlight.
2. Release the mouse button and move your mouse cursor to the end of text you wish to highlight.
3. Hold down the shift key and click the left button. If done properly, all of the text you wish to be highlighted should then be selected.
Sites to see
* Random surfers should visit Jeeves IQ (Interesting Queries) at http://sp.ask.com/docs/about/jeevesiq.html, a new addition to the Ask Jeeves search site. The site features the top searches from Ask Jeeves.
E-mail me at sheila@ amnews.com; fax me at (859) 236-9566; or write me snail-mail at The Advocate-Messenger, P.O. Box 149, Danville, KY 40423-0149.