An overloaded electrical circuit caused by two space heaters is being blamed for a house fire at 300 Highland Court Tuesday afternoon.
Danville Fire Chief Mike Thomas said the primary damage to the house, owned by Delmar Dalton, was confined to the attic, but some of the ceiling had to be removed due to charring.
Fifteen firefighters and four EMS personnel responded to the fire, but Thomas said no injuries were reported.
"This type of fire is especially prevalent this time of year, because people try to make these space heaters work too hard," said Thomas. "They put a strain on the electrical system, and suddenly we have a fire."