Fire damages mobile home
The Boyle County Fire Department responded to a fire in a wood-framed mobile home at 1 a.m. Monday, and the blaze was contained to one room. The home, located at 1267 Springfield Road, is occupied by Talmedge Guinn.
Thirteen firefighters responded to the alarm. Boyle Fire Chief Bud Sexton said the entire house had smoke damage, but there were no injuries. Sexton said the fire appeared to begin when an electric water heater shorted out.
Man injured in two-car wreck
One person was injured at 2:15 p.m. Jan. 21 in a two-car collision on Hustonville Road, police reported.
A 2002 Infiniti driven by Patsy D. Kearns, 49, of Lawrenceburg, was stopped at Hustonville Road heading east at the entrance to Reno's Steakhouse, intending to turn left. Traffic was stopped in the outside southbound lane and allowed Kearns to pull out. When she attempted to cross the inside lane, her vehicle was struck by a 1992 Mercury Sable driven by Charles J. Denson, 49, of 122 North First St., that was traveling south in the eastbound lane.