Fire destroys family's home
HARRODSBURG - Fire of an undetermined cause destroyed the home of the Mitchell Searcy family Wednesday night at 744 Central Pike.
When volunteer firefighters arrived, the house was totally engulfed in flames. The fire was reported at 7:54 p.m. J.B. Claunch, chief of the Terrapin Fire Department, said the 20 firefighters from his organization and the Cornishville and Salvisa fire departments were on the scene about two hours.
Although they could not save the house, firefighters fought the blaze to keep it from spreading to other structures on the farm, Claunch said.