STANFORD - Two Lincoln County firefighters were injured Monday night while working a house fire on Highway 906.
Gene Crowe, assistant fire chief for the Hustonville Fire Department, said the men were hurt when a rafter fell on them. Names of the injured have not been released, but Crowe said both were taken to Fort Logan Hospital for examination.
Crowe said the fire at a residence owned by Rodney Cochran began near midnight, and the preliminary investigation indicated it was electrical. Smoke detectors alerted the family, and they were able to escape without injury. Approximately 25 firefighters from three Lincoln County departments - Hustonville, Crab Orchard and the Brush Creek Fire Department in Casey County - responded to the alarm, and were on the scene until just after 5 a.m. today.
Crowe said the house was almost a total loss, but some furnishings and personal belongings were saved.