Tables are still available for the picnic Saturday night at the Great American Brass Band Festival June 11-13 on the lawn at Centre College.
An American Celebration is this year's festival theme and a judging category in the picnic table contest. Pat Liebschutz, picnic chairman, said tables should depict a favorite American tradition; the choice is up to the table guests.
Others categories are:
* The Sousa Award is the "Best of Show" for the table that stands out above all others.
* Brass Band Festival award is for the table that best reflects the spirit of the Great American Brass Band Festival.
* Off Centre is for the table display that uses the most humor in decorations.
* Spielberg is for a table exhibiting the most creativity and novel idea.
* Judge's Pick is for two tables that do not fall in any other category, but have a good theme. The judges will select tables for a prize and designate special awards for the table. The tables can be most novel, whimsical, colorful, Kentucky theme, literary or presidential.