HARRODSBURG - A fire at the home of Buddy Owens damaged the kitchen in the house at 331 Henry Robinson Road before Terrapin, Cornishville and Salvisa firefighters put it out late Friday night.
J.B. Claunch, chief of the Terrapin Fire Department, said the call came around 11 p.m. and approximately 25 firefighters from the three departments answered the call. Firefighters were on the scene about two hours making sure all of the smoke did not cover flames.
The cause of the blaze was a grease fire. Claunch said Owens said he had put a hamburger on the stove to cook, but fell asleep. Fire damage was contained in the kitchen, although there was smoke damage throughout the house.