Maps are available prior to the Hop at Chase, Community Trust, National City, the Community Arts Center, and the Arts Commission office in City Hall. On Friday evening, maps can be found in each of the 17 Hop Stop locations, which will be designated by purple "Arts Event" banners.
None of the locations are far from Main Street. "Please don't let a few more steps keep you from the Boyle County Library, where five artists will be located, or the Heart of Kentucky United Way, where another four are set up," Nichols said. "You won't want to miss Constitution Square State Park where in Wilderness Trace Art League Gallery, Grayson's Tavern and the Museum Store you'll see the works of more than a dozen."
Gallery Hop Stop Guide
* Community Trust Bank: Penny Arbogast, fused glass and lampwork beaded jewelry; Wayne Daugherty, Joyce Marshall, fiber art and jewelry; and new exhibitor Kristen Wineland, raku and stoneware pottery.
* Helton, Erwin & Associates: Kelly Brown, original floor cloths; Judy Schaefer, oil.
* C. Vickers Antiques: New exhibitor Joseph Young, charcoal.
* Community Arts Center: David Farmer, oil; Fox Hutt, fiber art; new exhibitors Bruce and Shelley Richardson, photography; new exhibitor Chris Strecker, clay teapots; and new exhibitor Sheldon Tapley, oil and pastel still-life.
* Three Babes and a Monkey: Chris Floyd, photography; Candice Hensley, pottery; new exhibitor Jandira Shelley, pottery; and Geri Trinler, jewelry, hand-knitted scarves.
* Toy Box: Sharon Duncan, fused glass and lampwork beaded jewelry; new exhibitor LaChrista Ellis, oil and monoprint; Gaynella McGuire, water media; and Linda Neal, "shrings" and acrylic.
* Carol's Bridal and Gift Boutique: New exhibitor ChrisTenna Cornett, calligraphy.
* Boyle County Public Library: Jack Carey, oil and folk art; Bob Gundy, acrylic, gouache and ink; Pat Isaman, fiber art; A. Jack May, watercolor, oil, pen and ink; Paul Overstreet, watercolor and oil.
* Heart of Kentucky United Way: Lesley Jackson, jewelry; Marlene Martin, fiber art; Jim Underwood, watercolor; and Linda Phelps Wilson, oil, watercolor, acrylic. Music will be provided by harpist Deanna Tomlinson.
* Maple Tree Gallery: Anne Crawford, oil; and Tillie Sowders, hand-painted ornaments, greeting cards, pastel, oil.
* PS & Company: Joseph Goggans, acrylic, oil, ink; Lori Goggans, acrylic, oil, ink, jewelry; Linda Lalorart quilts, hand-dyed silk scarves.
* Fisher's Cards and Gifts: Martheta Clark, fiber art; and new exhibitor Beverly Walker, clay sculpture.
* Wilderness Trace Art League Gallery: Member exhibit, including Nancy Beresford, mixed media; and Virginia Robertson, oil, acrylic, collage.
* Grayson's Tavern: mixed media artists - Joyce Duckworth, Donita Godwin, Pam Lindberg, Paul Muth and Betty Norvell.
* Constitution Square Museum Store: Alice Picking, feather art; and Shirley Cochran-Walls, acrylic and decoupage.
* Thoroughbred Threads: Marlene Hanna, oil.
* Hub Coffee House And Cafe : Sarah Hamlin, oil, Mary Ruth Maggard, folk art collage; Robert Moler, oil and acrylic; and Paul Sirimongkhon, abstract expressionism and mixed media.
All in Good Taste
Several artists participating in the Gallery Hop Friday will move their works over to the Christian Life Center Saturday for the Chamber's All in Good Taste event. They include Arbogast, Marshall, Martin, Moler, Robertson, Schaefer, Shelley, Sowders, Trinler and Walker.
Music will be provided by The Hardwood Trio - John Pope, piano; Owen Reynolds, bass; and Eben Henson, drums - featuring jazz standards.
Door prizes will be provided by participating restaurants. "It's just a nice opportunity to see people, sample food and see art," says Paula Kilby, executive director of the Chamber.