HARRODSBURG - A Mercer County man was burned in a Christmas Day fire at his mobile home.
Jeffrey Darnell of 4717 Talmage-Mayor Road was next door at his parents' home when he noticed a fire at his home about 2:15 p.m.
Terrapin Fire Chief J.B. Claunch said Darnell tried to get into the home where he lives alone to save some things but received second-degree burns to his face.
The fire appeared to have begun in the center of the home, and Claunch said the wood stove in the center of the house may have been the cause, although he could not be certain. The home sustained smoke and heat damage throughout as well as fire damage in the middle of the building.