* Parksville Baptist Church was founded on Aug. 19, 1923, when the congregation of Clems Chapel Church, located on Pumpkin Run Road, voted to move the church to Parksville and rename it Parksville Baptist Church.
* The new church's first services were held in a rented building, which was formerly known as the Parksville Presbyterian Church. On Sept. 23, 1923, Parksville Baptist called Frank Cockren as its first pastor.
* The lot that formed the property on which the current church building is located was purchased on Jan. 14, 1924. Groundbreaking on the building was held soon thereafter. The first service in the incompleted building was held on the third Sunday of August 1924. The first six deacons were elected on Aug. 30, 1924, and they were: Harry B. Elmutt, Harve Satterly, James Coyle, H.C. Graham, Ben Hilliard and John Urton.
* The building was completed and totally paid for in 13 months at a total cost of $7,000. The building was dedicated on March 25, 1925.