WAYNESBURG - Lincoln County Fire Department was called out again just before midnight Tuesday for another residential fire. This time, the blaze was at 1299 Ky. 328 West, Chief Danny Glass said. "When we arrived on the scene, the attic was fully engulfed," Glass said. "The residents were still inside the house but did finally come out, and no one was hurt."
Glass said he has not seen the structure yet in the light of day and is not sure about the extent of damage or the cause of the fire.
"It very possibly could've started from a chimney fire, but we've not completed our investigation yet. That's yet to be determined," Glass said.
Firefighters left the scene about 2 a.m. today, Glass said.