Police credit members of a nearby Amish community for keeping the flames under control with water from a nearby creek until the fire department arrived.
Simpson was pronounced dead at Fort Logan Hospital, and all attempts to save her unborn baby failed. Foley was seriously injured and flown to University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center.
In an interview with The Advocate-Messenger shortly after the crash, Foley said she and Simpson had been drinking and taking the prescription drug Klonopin.
Foley is scheduled for arraignment at 10 a.m. March 23 in Lincoln Circuit Court. State Trooper Jason Denny was the grand jury witness.
Also indicted Friday was Jon Eric Buis, 21, of Stanford on a charge of second-degree manslaughter in the Oct. 4 death of Charles D. Butcher of Louisville.
Police said Buis was traveling east on U.S. 150 in Stanford when he attempted to turn onto Danville Street. He lost control of the vehicle because of speed. The vehicle went off the right shoulder of the roadway and overturned, causing both Buis and Butcher to be ejected.
Butcher was pronounced dead at Fort Logan Hospital. Buis was flown to U.K Medical Center.
Buis will be arraigned at 10 a.m. March 9. Trooper Chris Damron was the grand jury witness.
Other indictments handed down were:
* Eric A. McDaniel, 24, of 855 Waters Cemetery Road, Kings Mountain, is charged with failure to comply with Kentucky's Sex Offender Registration System.
The grand jury witness was Trooper Brandon Curlis.
* Harold L. Dillingham, 50, of 3085 Ky 643, Crab Orchard, is charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and receiving stolen property worth more than $300, which belonged to James Patrick.
The grand jury witness was Trooper Jason Denny.
* Eugene Richards, 63, of Hustonville, is charged with possession of a handgun by a convicted felon and being a second-degree persistent felony offender.
The grand jury witness was Hustonville Police Chief Fred McCoy.
* Franklin D. Anness, 49, of 2277 Bowen Road, Stanford, is charged with fourth-offense driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs; driving while license was suspended or revoked; speeding; and possession of an open alcoholic beverage container in a motor vehicle.
The grand jury witness was Trooper Curlis.
* Simon Harrison, 21, of 4800 Duncan Road, Kings Mountain, charged with receiving stolen property that belonged to Jasper McCann and was worth more than $300.
The grand jury witness was Trooper H.P. Blanton.
* General W. Sizemore, 37, of 417 Cemetery Road, Waynesburg, charged with manufacturing methamphetamine.
The grand jury witness was Trooper Mike Ashley.
* Donna D. Daniels, 30, of 415 Cemetery Road, Waynesburg, charged with manufacturing methamphetamine.
The grand jury witness was Trooper Ashley.