Butcher was hauling a Shell tanker filled with gasoline near exit 98 when he struck a poorly-lit trailer and overturned. The accident closed the eastbound lane of the interstate for 12 hours.
- At 4:33 p.m. Monday on Bypass Road a vehicle driven by Hector Paguada of Lexington struck a vehicle driven by Audra Keene, 30 Ashland. Pagudada told police that the wet roads caused him to lose control of his vehicle.
- An employee of Bluegrass Electrical Customs in Berlington, Ky., reported at 1 p.m. Tuesday that wire was taken from light poles on Interstate 64.
- Casey McGrath, 14 Fairwood Lane, reported at 10:47 a.m. Tuesday that he his golf clubs and shoes, valued at $600, were taken from his front porch, where he'd left them to dry overnight.
- David P. Eells, 608 N. Main St., reported at 12:54 p.m. Tuesday that two subjects visiting him assaulted him then took his cell phone and a $5 bill.
- Robert Ritchie, 146 Strode Station Circle, reported at 1:13 p.m. Tuesday that he was taking a shower at someone's residence and left his earrings, worth $399, in the bathroom. The suspects allegedly refused to return the earrings and pawned them at Dan's Discount Jewelery.
- An employee of S & W Truck and Trailer, 1700 Fortune Drive, reported at 2:54 p.m. Tuesday that $35,000 was taken from the business in 2006.
- Eduardo Sosa of Whitney Court reported at 11:26 p.m. Tuesday that as he approached a cigarette store on North Main Street, a white male ran up to him and snatched his brown wallet containing $105 from his hands, then ran back and jumped into a white pick-up truck and sped off.
- Donnie Davis, 37, of 120 Second St., was charged Tuesday with alcohol intoxication, possession of a controlled substance and prescription not in a proper container.
- The department on Tuesday conducted four evaluations and responded to one motor vehicle accident, one fall and one cardiac.