On Friday evening, a vehicle traveling east on I-64 lost control and crossed the median into the westbound lane, directly into the path of a tractor-trailer driven by Arnold L. Murphy of Lawrenceburg. The car's driver was Chad Judy of Indianapolis. First aid was given at the scene.
The sheriff's department also responded to another accident Saturday on Water Works Road at 11:40 a.m., after a vehicle driven by Angela K. Bennett, 21 Fairview St., lost control and veered off the roadway and struck a guardrail. She was treated at Clark Regional Medical Center.
Winchester Police also worked several accidents over the weekend:
- At 9:30 a.m. Friday on South Main Street, a vehicle driven by Justin D. Gilvin, 5 Apache Trail, collided with a vehicle driven by Georgia J. Cantrell, 330 Runnymeade.
- At 12:47 p.m. Friday on East Broadway, a vehicle driven by Eugene Hampton, 1347 White Conkwright, backed into a vehicle driven by Estella Chambers, 113 Sycamore St.
- At 6:15 p.m. Friday on Ashland Avenue, a vehicle driven by Kenneth Townsend, 328 Canewood Drive, slid on wet pavement and struck the rear of a vehicle driven by Jennifer L. Potts, 19 Fairview Ave., pushing it several feet.
- At 6:28 p.m. Friday on Colby Road, a vehicle driven by Nathan W. Callahan, 149 Buckingham Lane, slid and struck the rear of a vehicle driven by Brandon L. Wessling, 308 The Woods Lane. Callahan stated that he then struck a vehicle driven by Stevi S. Haskins, 1131 Lafayette Blvd., which was making a left turn onto McClure Road. No injuries were reported.
- An SUV driven by Anthony Hall of Irvine backed from its spot in front of the former Arc of Mercy building, when it knocked down pedestrian Mary Mason, 40 Seaboard St., running two wheels over her legs. She was transported to Clark Regional Medical Center for treatment.