BUTCHERTOWN - The daughter of an 80-year-old man says her father barely escaped his trailer after some type of explosion caused a fire to totally destroy it in Casey County.
Geneva Abbott said her father, Chester Maddox, was watching TV on Monday evening in his Sand Knob Road trailer when he heard a loud noise.
"He didn't know what it was, he could only say it sounded like a 'Pop!,' then the trailer caught fire," Abbott said. She said her father escaped in his house shoes, only able to save the clothes on his back, but he was not injured.
Abbott said her father does take oxygen treatments at night, but the family was told the explosion was caused by a hot water heater malfunction. She said the trailer home was totally destroyed.