- Clark County Writers Club, 7 p.m., Clark County Public Library Community Room.
- Indian Old Friends will meet at the Clark County Extension Office at 10:30 a.m.
- The Fortnightly Club will meet at Carolyn Wiggins' home at 2:30 p.m.
- Winchester City Commission and the Winchester Municipal Utilities Commission, joint meeting, 6 p.m., at the George Rogers Clark High School auditorium, 620 Boone Ave. Commissioners will discuss water supply issues in Winchester and Clark County. The purpose of the meeting is to allow all stakeholders the opportunity to comment.
- Chemical Destruction Community Advisory Board, 1:30 p.m., in the Carl D. Perkins Building, rooms A and B, on Kit Carson Drive on the campus of Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond. Board members and representatives of the local community will discuss issues regarding the chemical weapons destruction project at the Blue Grass Army Depot in Madison County.
- Providence Elementary School Site-based Decision-making Council, 3 p.m., in the school library.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12
- Small Steps, Big Rewards, free class to help individuals prevent diabetes or its complications. Held each Wednesday from 11:30 to noon, March 5 to April 23 at the Clark County Home Health Building, 273 Shoppers Drive. For more information, call Carol Hisle at 744-4482.
- The redistricting committee, approved by the Clark County Board of Education, will meet at 5 p.m., at the central office.
THURSDAY, MARCH 13
- Free classes about renters' rights and responsibilities, Community Services Center Safe Haven Program, co-sponsored by the Clark County Community Education Program, 6:30 to 8 p.m., 30 Taylor Ave. The series is open to the public, but advance registration is required. Call 744-5034 or 745-3946. Refreshments and child care will be provided.
SATURDAY, MARCH 15
- The Hinkston Creek Chapter of Quail Forever's second annual banquet, 5:30 p.m., in Mount Sterling at the Clay Community Center on the Bypass. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m., followed by a live auction at 8 p.m. For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call (859) 383-4344.
- George Rogers Clark High School Class of 1998, 10-year reunion planning meeting, 2 p.m. at Expressions Coffee House on South Main Street. For more information, contact Wes Burtner via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lara Thornbury at email@example.com.
- The Republican Precinct Convention, 9 a.m.; the Republican County Mass Convention, 10 a.m. Both conventions will be at City Hall. For more information, contact Bob Mayfield, chairman, at (859) 749-7937.
MONDAY, MARCH 17
- Free income tax preparation, noon to 3 p.m., Central Baptist Church annex, 101 W. Lexington Ave. Volunteers trained by AARP and Internal Revenue Service.
- Winchester Chorale, spring concert rehearsal, 7 p.m., every Monday through April 14, First United Methodist Church.
- The Generations Center, 32 Meadow St., will be hosting a Saint Patrick's Day Party at 10:30 a.m. "Minnie Pearl" will be the special guest, and the Generation Center's King and Queen will be crowned for 2008. Special refreshments will be provided. For more information call Julie Woosley, director, at 744-3235.
TUESDAY, MARCH 18
- Free income tax preparation, noon-3 p.m., Central Baptist Church annex, 101 W. Lexington Ave. Volunteers trained by AARP and Internal Revenue Service.
- Clark County Human Service Council, noon at Arby's in the meeting room in the back. Representatives of all human service agencies serving Clark County are invited to attend.