STANFORD - Stanford and Lincoln County fire departments responded to a house fire Saturday night at 204 Danville Ave.
Jerry Holcomb was home at the time but escaped without serious injury.
Trucks arrived at the residence about 9:30 p.m. Stanford Fire Chief Kenny McDaniel said the blaze was contained to one bedroom in the attic. Flames were extinguished within 10 minutes, while the rest of the house had moderate smoke damage.
Holcomb was treated for smoke inhalation and released.
McDaniel said the likely cause of the fire was a box fan that was sitting on top of a television in the bedroom.