STANFORD - A fire Monday on Main Street in Stanford badly damaged a family's home, destroyed Christmas presents and killed two pets.
The fire apparently started in the living room of the two-story, single-family dwelling, said Fire Chief Kenneth McDaniel. Every room in the house was either damaged by fire or heavy smoke, and McDaniel isn't sure if the building will be salvageable.
No one was injured in the blaze.
McDaniel said Stanford firefighters responded to the residence of Scott and Sheila Broughton at 325 W. Main St. about 5:30 p.m. and discovered the living room and kitchen in flames.
Though crews were on the scene for several hours, it took only 10 minutes for firefighters to control and extinguish the blaze.