A renegade car from an auto garage caused a gas leak early Wednesday at a Sycamore Street residence in Danville.
At approximately 10:20 a.m. Wednesday, members of the Danville Fire Department and Danville Police Department tended to the scene at 1114 Sycamore St. after a Ford Taurus being worked on in an garage busted through the door to the garage, before crossing the street, hitting another vehicle, and crashing into a gas meter at the 1114 Sycamore residence.
Police blocked out traffic to roughly a 100-yard portion of the road.
Fire Chief Mike Thomas was on scene and said firefighters shut the meter off immediately upon arrival. He said because no doors or windows to the residence were open, there was no danger of fire and minimal inhalation danger.
"It took a pretty good lick," said Thomas, pointing out the meter shifted approximately 6-12 inches from where it normally sits.