- At 12:27 p.m. Wednesday, Ryan Duty of 3461 Stamper Drive reported that someone took 25 CDs from his car.
- At 1:40 p.m. Wednesday, employees at Wal-Mart rpeorted having a suspected shoplifter in custody. The employees said they observed a man take a digital camera, walk to the shoe department and hide it in his pants. Raymond Caskey was charged with theft by unlawful taking.
- At 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Amanda N. Tolson of 148 Cook Ave. reported that her food stamp card had been stolen.
- At 10:50 p.m. Wednesday, officers were called to Wal-Mart concerning a suspected shoplifter in custody. Employees said they observed a woman hide underwear in her purse and leave the store without paying for it. Officers found $80 worth of merchandise in her purse. Jane C. Early was charged with theft by unlawful taking.
- At 5:20 p.m. Wednesday, officers responded to an injury accident on Bypass Road in which Alonzo Witt of 6476 Combs Ferry Road was turning from Bypass Road into Video Selection. Witt said he did not see an oncoming vehicle, driven by Jason W. Nentwick of 1437 Westside Drive, and the two collided. Nentwick was transported to Clark Regional Medical Center.
CLARK COUNTY SHERIFF
- Joshua Helton, 23, of 508 College St., was charged Wednesday with contempt of court.
- Steven Pockert, 28, of 29 Buckner St., was charged Wednesday with contempt of court.
- At 6:43 p.m. Wednesday, deputies responded to an injury accident on Ecton Road in which Joey L. Kincaid of 513 Acadia Way was driving on Ecton Road and said he swerved to avoid a dog. When he did, he struck a vehicle driven by Mary A. Bishop of 665 Railroad Lane. Bishop was transported to Clark Regional Medical Center.
- On Wednesday, emergency personnel conducted three local transfers and five out-of-town transfers. They also responded to one cardiac case, two general medical calls, three respiratory cases, two seizures, two motor vehicle accidents, one fall and one engine assist.
CLARK COUNTY FIRE
- At 6:56 p.m. Wednesday, firefighters were called to 36 Mahan Court for trees in the power lines.
- At 8:18 p.m. Wednesday, firefighers were called to 315 The Woods concerning a grass fire. The winds reignited the embers from a previous day's fire at 1354 McClure Road.
- At 8:32 p.m. Wednesday, firefighters were called to 895 Pine Ridge Road for trees in the power lines.
- At 10:11 p.m. Wednesday, firefighters were called to 3203 Ecton Road for trees in the power lines.