The Clark County chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution presented their annual Good Citizen Awards to elementary and middle school students for the 2008-09 school year. This year's recipients include:
- Makayla Arnett, the daughter of Robin and Mike Arnett of Cole Road, representing Shearer Elementary.
- Rachael Drumm, the daughter of Joe and Jennifer Drumm of Old Log Lick Road, representing Trapp Elementary.
- Travis Drumm, the son of Joe and Jennifer Drumm of Old Log Lick Road, representing St. Agatha Academy.
- Haley Elkins, the daughter of Mark and Jennifer Elkins of Gallahadion Court, representing Hannah McClure Elementary.
- Caroline Gibson, the daughter of John Gibson and Sandy Chism of Killarney Drive, representing Central Elementary.
- Cedric Hampton, the son of Robert and Cora Hampton of Fourth Street, representing Conkwright Middle School.
- Hunter Parrott, the son of Traci Parrott of Cleveland Avenue and Shane Parrott of West Lexington Avenue, representing Fannie Bush Elementary.