Firefighters were able to quickly contain a house fire that started in the living room of a Danville home early Monday morning.
Assistant Chief Woody Ball said firefighters responded to a call at 3:39 a..m. about a structure fire at 326 Smith St.
Ball said Kevin Pendygraft and another resident were awakened by smoke detectors and escaped with two dogs.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the living room and kitchen of the home. Ball said the cause of the fire was determined to be a wire hanging from a light switch.
No injuries were reported in the fire and Ball said the home was not a total loss.