Alvin Lee said he’s got about anything that’s in season. He always has those famous homemade fried apple pies made by his wife Martha.
Also at the market, we have:
local honey with comb
This recipe is from our friend Brenda.
Makes 2 dozen bars
11⁄4 cups flour, divided
1⁄2 cup confectioners sugar
1⁄2 cup cold butter or margarine
11⁄2 cup sugar
2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
1. Combine 1 cup flour and confectioners’ sugar.
2. Cut in butter until crumbly.
3. Pat into lightly greased 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish, making sure to grease sides.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until edges or lightly browned.
5. Combine sugar and remaining flour.
6. Add eggs; mix well.
7. Stir in rhubarb, walnuts and coconut.
8. Pour over crust.
9. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until set.
10. Cool on a wire rack.