Fireworks set off inside a house caused a blaze that damaged a home Saturday night, according to a Nicholasville fire incident report.
The Nicholasville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 513 Pinoak Drive around 9:20 p.m. and found smoke coming out of a bedroom window at the residence. Once firefighters entered the house, they quickly gained control of the fire.
The house was occupied by Jennifer Beam and owned by Lloyd Watkins, according to the report.
According to the report, fire and police officials interviewed the home’s occupants afterward and discovered that “the occupant’s brother was intoxicated and had ignited an unknown type of firework inside the dwelling with the intent to scare another occupant.”
The firework went off and caught clothes in a laundry basket on fire.
Two people received minor injuries, a male who attempted to extinguish the fire with water from the kitchen sink and a female who “entered the dwelling to remove the male.”