Two firefighters were injured on the scene of a house fire on Bybee Road Wednesday night.
Clark County Battalion Chief Ernest Barnes said one firefighter injured his back while entering the home. He was transported to Clark Regional Medical Center where he was later discharged. The other injured firefighter suffered from heat exhaustion after being inside the home.
“He just kind of became overcome with heat exhaustion,” Barnes said. “He was examined at the scene, and he was not transported.”
He said the department could not release the names of the injured firefighters at this time.
Clark County Fire Department dispatched 14 Clark County firefighters at 6:16 p.m. Wednesday to 7510 Bybee Road. Barnes said the fire originated from the attic and was likely caused by an electrical issue. Winchester Fire-EMS was called and provided eight firefighters to assist.