What: Head chefs from four Kentucky colleges will vie for the “Top Chef” title during a Battle of the Chefs competition, to be hosted Thursday evening at Centre College. Designed as an Iron Chef-style event, each chef will be given a mystery food item or group of items and asked to create a dish in one hour. This dish will be judged by a five-person panel, which will include three students.
Who: The following college chefs will participate in the competition:
· Centre College Executive Chef, Bryan Minton
· Transylvania University Executive Chef, Bryan Dublow
· Georgetown College Executive Chef and Part Owner of Azure Restaurant in Lexington, Miguel Rivas
· Bellarmine University Surprise Chef
When: Thursday, September 19, 5–7 p.m.
· 5:15 p.m.: Cooking begins
· 6:15 p.m.: Panel judging
Where: Cowan Dining Commons, 1st floor of Campus Center, Centre College campus, located at the corner of Walnut and College Streets, Danville, Ky.
Parking is available behind the Campus Center or along College Street.