June 13, 2013
I heard Mr. Corman's message To the editor, Saturday, June 8, I had the chance to spend a moment with a very important man in our community by participating in the Luther, Ben, and Rick 5K race. This was one of a couple of his races I have had the pleasure of attending this year. Rick Corman, known as a man most folks around here envy for the great financial wealth he has amassed, for the long bout of cancer he has battled, and for the many races he has headed over the past few years, climbed the steps to the stage slowly and with determination to thank everyone for their participation in the event.
July 27, 2010
Dear Editor, Have you heard that racism is rampant? Since Jesus was the only perfect person, everyone else is racist to some extent. While some are forward racists, some are reverse racists, some are sidewise racists (“I’m neutral”), and some are upside down racists (“It’s them not me”). So, welcome to the human race and let’s get on with living. J.B. Armstrong Bardstown
October 20, 2010
Dear Editor, Oct. 14 marked the three-year anniversary of the death of Michael Lynn Price, my brother. He was a handicapped child who lived in a group home in Grayson, Kentucky. On Oct. 14, 2007, he lost his life because an employee sat on his back until he stopped breathing and died. Michael’s family recently received a letter from the parole office stating that this same person who took the life of an innocent person is wanting out on parole after only 18 months in jail.
October 8, 2010
Dear Editor, In reference to my previous letter concerning all the trash left at the Veterans Wall and the paint on the night of the Danville-Boyle County football game, I forgot one point. We would also like the person who removed the gas can from the tank to please return it. It is of no use to anyone, because there are four holes drilled in it. It was fastened to the tank for that very reason, to make it of no use to anyone — except what it stands for. Return the tank and we’ll re-attach, no questions asked.
October 29, 2010
Dear Editor, This is an appeal to the voters of Danville. We need Norma Gail Louis back on the city commission. Gail was off the commission for the past two years, and we got increased taxes and mandatory recycling in her absence. She would have voted “no” on both issues. Gail will act in the best interest of all our citizens. I ask for your vote and support for Norma Gail Louis as city commissioner. Suzie Portwood Danville
April 5, 2011
Dear Editor: I have yet to find an Obama supporter who can find any fault with anything the president is doing. The whole issue today is that the 40 percent of the population that does not pay any federal income taxes thinks the other 60 percent is not paying enough taxes. If Obama would make his buddy at GE pay some corporate taxes, perhaps things would be better. Sincerely, Joseph R. DuPont Towanda, Pa.