April 21, 2006
Fire Department plans open house MORELAND - The Moreland Fire Department on Old U.S. 127 will have an open house 1-4 p.m. Saturday. Meeting Danville Sister City Committee - noon Monday at city hall to discuss sister city possibilities and the seat vacated by Mayor John W.D. Bowling.
November 16, 2011
Leander Duncil, 84, of Moreland, died Tuesday. Arrangements are pending at W.L. Pruitt Funeral Home. Diane Sergent, of Stanford, died Tuesday. Arrangements are pending at Spurlin Funeral Home. Lucille Timberlake Leigh, 91, of Coshocton, Ohio, died Sunday. Arrangements are pending at W.L.Pruitt Funeral Home, Moreland.
May 11, 2012
Billy Ray Douglas, 57, of Hustonville, died Thursday. Arrangements are pending at W.L. Pruitt Funeral Home, Moreland. David Long, 66, of Hustonville, died Thursday. Arrangements are pending at W.L. Pruitt Funeral Home, Moreland.
June 11, 2009
Joseph G. Statom, 61, of Moreland, died Friday, June 5. Born June 29, 1947, he was the son of the late John and Elizabeth Smith Statom. He was also preceded in death by a sister, Linda Baker and brother, Leo Statom. Survivors include a son, Bobby Statom of Danville; daughter, Angie Burchfield of Moreland; a sister, Barbara McClendon of Hustonville; and two grandchildren. Funeral services were June 8 at W. L. Pruitt Funeral Home in Moreland. Burial was in Hustonville Cemetery.
April 3, 2008
Lawrence Dean Benner, 67, of Moreland, died Monday, March 24. A native of Everett, Wash., he was born May 29, 1940 to the late Gerald Lewis and Gladys Andersen Benner. He was an Army veteran and attended Ellisburg Baptist Church. Survivors include his companion, Jewell Loper of Moreland; one son, Alan Benner of Olympia, Wash.; two daughters, Deana Turner of Olympia, Wash., and Danica Ells of Pinehurst, N.C.; nine grandchildren; and two great grandchildren. A memorial service will be held in Olympia, Wash.
June 6, 2007
MORELAND - A Moreland home caught fire Tuesday after a coffee pot apparently was left on, said Moreland Fire Department Chief Todd Boyd. Tony Shelton, who lives at 130 Fairlane Ave., was not home when the fire started, which was called in about 11:45 a.m. The fire, which started in the kitchen, spread to the attic. The roof buckled a bit from the heat, Boyd said. The fire was controlled in time to prevent further damage, though. "Just a few minutes later and it would have been a lot worse," he added.