June 6, 2004
Dear Editor: I would like to express my appreciation to our State Rep. Mike Harmon. I recently contacted Mr. Harmon with an issue through the e-mail link on his state government Web site. He very quickly responded to me that he would address my concerns and then even more rapidly followed up on that promise with action. We are often quick to criticize our elected officials, but rarely do we compliment them when they deserve it. Mike Harmon was honest and forthcoming and had a thorough answer for all of my questions and communicated with me faster than I ever expected him too. So, publicly I would like to thank Rep. Harmon for a job well done.
November 10, 2003
Dear Editor: Early Sunday morning, we experienced an electrical fire in one of the rooms of our house. Once we called 911, we were immediatedly asked if everyone was safe and then told to evacuate the house. Two Danville Fire Department units responded with lightning speed. (Literally 2-3 minutes). A Danville police officer was right behind them ready to offer assistance if necessary. Damage was quickly contained, yet we are aware that it could have been so much worse. We simply want to express our appreciation for everyone's dedication and their speedy response.
August 2, 2005
Dear Editor: On July 1, we were getting read for a camping trip. It was 6:30 in the morning when our neighbor, Gary Gipson, saw our camper on fire. His quick response calling the fire department and letting us know was of great help. The camper was parked close to the house, so our fear was that our house might burn, too. Thanks to the Junction City Fire Department for a quick response. The camper was a total loss but our house was saved. Leonard and Nellie Upton Junction City
June 22, 2008
Dear Editor, A special note of thanks to the Danville Fire Department and Emergency Response Team for their quick response to our recent fire on May 28. Even with our loss, their professional efforts in containing the fire was unbelievable in keeping further damage from our home, studio and neighbors. We extend our thoughts and prayers to all these emergency response teams of which many times do not get the praise for which they deserve. Chief Mike Thomas and his staff, we thank you again.
August 4, 2009
Dear Editor, I would like to take this opportunity to express our thanks and appreciation to the callers that called 911 and the Danville-Boyle County Fire Department crews for their quick response to the smoldering fire in the attic of my sister's home on Friday. They did a great job by being able to contain the fire to the attic and protect the rest of the home from extensive damage. Thanks to Danville-Boyle County for providing the excellent training and equipment that made this possible.
June 13, 2007
Dear Editor, Our family would like to thank the Danville-Boyle County Emergency Medical Services, and the Danville Police Department for their help on May 28, when our mother suffered a heart attack. We do not know the paramedics' or EMTs' names, but we know that they are very professional and do their job very well. Thanks to the staff that oversees our local Emergency Medical Services for providing our community with the best first responders that any family could ask for. And we would also like to thank the 911 dispatchers for their quick response in getting the help there when we called and needed it. Thanks to Robin Parks, the local 911 director, for having an excellently trained staff that knew we needed help immediately.
April 4, 2012
HARRODSBURG - No arrests were made, but a stolen car was found and returned to its owner Monday morning after a swift search by Harrodsburg Police Department. Stephen Mark Thompson of 566 Cane Run St. called police shortly after 8 a.m. to report someone had “just stolen” his 2007 Nissan Frontier pickup, valued at about $10,000. Officer Granville Peyton soon found the truck in the parking lot of the Bluegrass Inn at 830 Noel Ave. The owner was contacted, and the vehicle was returned.
November 3, 2006
Dear Editor, We would like to say thank you and God bless you to the Danville Fire Department and the Danville Police Department, and the dispatcher who was on duty Sunday morning Oct. 28. t 8 a.m. my husband and I were awakened by our smoke alarm to find our apartment full of smoke, and not knowing where it was coming from was very frighting. We did not know if the house was on fire or what. My husband, being an ex-volunteer firefighter was very calm through it all. But I was a wreck.
January 20, 2011
Last Friday afternoon, Lincoln County firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire on Cedar Ridge Road, Stanford, just west of Cedar Creek Lake. The fire was called in by a passerby that saw the smoke and called Bluegrass 911. Despite a quick response, firefighters from Station 1 and Station 2 found that the building, what appeared to be a small pole barn, had already burned to the ground by the time they arrived on the scene. When firefighters arrived on the scene they were suspicious of the fire’s origin because all of the items stored in the barn had been removed and the roof and other material had been removed from the structure stacked away from the flames.